Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Success and Failure


It seems to be a time for mixed results. Irish Girlie Knits came out with a great cowl pattern, Summer Wind, and that one is an unqualified success. Easy to make yet so fun, it's addictive. And I loved working with Tosh Sock, lovely drape for a cowl.


Pattern: Summer Wind
Yarn: Tosh Sock, color: Kale
Needles: US #5/3.75mm
Comments: This is the small size, but my gauge was slightly larger because I was using bamboo needles. Such a fun knit! I highly recommend it.

I won't give you the info on the following creation, because, seriously... have you ever seen a less llama-like object? I don't think I'll ever finish this one. There's a reason all these amigurumi are crocheted.


If you try to knit a llama, you might end up with the llamaduck. Not good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely cowl. I'm going to look up that pattern.

Aw, we all have to have some not-quite projects, yes? Have you seen the video Llama Llama Duck?? Well, your ducky llama could be something wonderful. You never know!

Michelle said...

Llama cat toy! :)

knitwych said...

Knit some horns and wings for that llamaducky, and turn it into a devil ducky! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Now I can't stop singing the Llama song.

Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama. Fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama, llama, DUCK!