Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Hat Formerly Known As Penis Hat

I finished the infamous penis hat last week, but didn't get around to posting it here. Thanks to input from the designer, it now no longer looks penile -- more brainy. Don't let the pictures fool you, it's black, not blue.


And here it is from the back. Slightly different, you'll notice. This was a fun knit, I really enjoyed it.


Alas, my head is unusually small. Didn't know that about myself until I knit this hat... gauge was spot on, measurements are spot on, but no dice. It now happily lives with my friend Kate.

Details:
Pattern: One Skein Braided Cable Hat
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky, about one skein -- maybe a bit more
Needles: US #9
Comments: Fun knit, but it's really, really important to read the note about how to knit the cables off the cable needles... and do it as written. If you deviate even one little bit, you end up with a Freudian hat!

4 comments:

florapie said...

Totally brainy! And I believe you beat the Yarn Harlot to the concept of penis hat. I wonder if she saw our thread on the KB?

Anonymous said...

That really does look like a brain. Love it! I'm glad you were able to fix it. ;)

Jo said...

The brain comment is spot on (although I would have liked to see the penis pic for um, comparison purposes...)

Anonymous said...

Die Mütze sieht ganz toll aus! Schade, dass wir so kleine Köpfe haben... ;)

Schlunz