Saturday, April 24, 2010

Caturday

It's Caturday! It's also homework day and laundry day and grocery shopping day, but the cats are being extra cute.

Morgana has this funny habit of lying on dark patches of carpet. Black is her favorite color because she blends in so nicely. Yesterday, I got a package from a goth store, and my belts were wrapped in black crinkle paper. This morning, there was a black cat on black crinkle paper...


...and a gray and white cat on white crinkle paper.


My cats are using military-style camouflage techniques. They're probably waiting for the stash closet to open, for milk to spill, or for the bag of kibbles to come out. They're lurking, ready to spring.

Speaking of spring, my allergies are acting up, and I haven't had as much energy to knit. But i finished up the increase section on my Clapotis this morning. To me, it looks like gray and red camouflage. And I love the way the colors are pooling. Very nice, even pooling action.


I guess the camo effect would only work in a volcanic wasteland, but you get the picture.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cats are so cute!

Fujiyamamama said...

Clever cats!

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, the camo doesn't work if you're sitting on noisy crinkle paper!

Anonymous said...

Quick -- get Batty some crinkled camo paper. Then we'll do a family portrait
--LaBou

Anonymous said...

If you went to Venus, your Clapotis would be totally appropriate. Although I guess you probably wouldn't really need a scarf.

Your cats look like they are up to no good!

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Hello.