Monday, March 22, 2010

Trouble in Paradise

After three consecutive attempts to cast on for a hat, my knitting and I are not on speaking terms. It's not a breakup, just a break, and it won't last long. We're too tight. But I need my yarn to decide what it wants to be, and I need time to cool off, or I might chuck it out the window. So instead, I've been stitching. Here's one of my WIPs, a kitty hanging from a tree.


There is the UFO I started my senior year in college, and this year is my 10 year class reunion. But we won't talk about that (amazing how time flies!). I'm going to finish this little guy for a SAL. Then, maybe, I'll get around to the enormous UFO. Or I'll knit that hat.

7 comments:

knitwych said...

You're making me feel guilty about my cross stitch UFOs! I think I have one that is at least 18 years old. ::blush::

Mary said...

Manchmal würde ich auch am liebsten Dinge, die mich nerven, aus dem Fenster werfen. Gestern war ich kurz davor. Manchmal reicht es aber auch schon, sie für Jaaaaaaahre auf Seite zu legen, irgendwann fluppts dann doch :-).

Liebe Grüße
Mary

Bezzie said...

Oh man, this post is depressing! It's been 10 years since Dr. MS graduated too....ugh. I feel old!

thea said...

sometimes you just need a break! And how perfect to have a backup craft a-waitin'! (no matter how long it's waited.....)

cpurl17 said...

I have 2 UFO cross stitches in the 10-20year old catagory!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't cross stitched in ages. I feel an itch developing...

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

The thought of revisiting my quilting stage makes my eyes cross and my head ache. Especially because I never did organize that stash completely. I eschew it all for knitting! (and maybe a little embroidery) (and some decorative painting) (and polymer clay) oh, never mind!