Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fluffy Activity

It's been a couple of days, but there's lots of stuff to see here. Gather round while I share my knitting progress and new spinning toy!

As you may remember, I'm on a yarn diet. This time, I'm taking it very seriously. This is the Cabled Headband from The Knitter's Book of Yarn, and I'm using the leftovers from the Fetchings I made for a friend. My leftovers were beginning to turn into a stash all their own. No more! I only hope I don't run out of yarn...


One of the entrelac socks is done. Except for the afterthought heel, but I want to knit both when the rest of the socks is done. I don't think these will be ready by the end of January so they won't count for the December Sock Knitters Anonymous challenge, though.


Finally, I've been spinning. These are 4 oz of merino in blacks and grays, which I received during an SP round on knitty a while ago. I need to wind off the singles from the spindle, and then I can start plying. And I have just the right tool for that.


Look! New Tabachek spindle! 1.5 ounces, perfect for plying. Merlin thinks it's a cat toy, but for once, I have to contradict him.


The idea is to take the little balls of singles, put them in mugs, wrap yarn around handles once for tension, then 3-ply. We'll see how that goes. I may change my mind and only ply 2 singles together. We'll see.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooooh, what beautiful singles! Can't wait to see the finished yarn.

Mary said...

Deine Entrelac-Socken werden so schöön. Bin schon gespannt, wie sie fertig aussehen.

Liebe Grüße
Mary

Bezzie said...

I don't know what's going on but stupid bloglines hasn't picked up your feed in WEEKS! Bah!!!!

I love those entrelac socks, they've got it going on!

Julies knitting corner said...

You are going to be keeping very busy then, your work is looking good. best wishes Julie.C

fleegle said...

Lovely, lovely spinning! And your entrelac sock is gorgeous!

And yeah, it's a bit late for Belgium, but Yarnlot's blog post is almost as good. And easier on the wallet!