Friday, July 31, 2009

Back from Myrtle Beach

We are back from our family vacation in Myrtle Beach. It was a fun time, with walks along the beach, good food, and meeting family members I had never met and Mr. Batty hadn't seen in a very long time. I even got to knit on the beach, which I'd always meant to do. It's just as much fun as you think.

From our room, we had a perfect view of the Slingshot, which is essentially a loveseat-like thing suspended from cables between two 100+ foot high structures -- we were on the 7th floor of the hotel, and were by no means looking down at the thing.
People get on, and are then flung into the sky, about as high again as the structures supporting the cables... higher up than the 7th floor of our hotel! Oh, and to make it even more interesting, the seat spins you head-over-heels...
It was fun watching people get flung and hear the screams. You couldn't pay me to get on that thing!

Now, it's back to work and knitting. Torrents of rain are coming down outside, and it's supposed to get stormy later, which figures, as I have an appointment to get my hair done today. Oh, well.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Hi! Which hotel did you stay in? I am going down in early Sept and am trying to book a hotel right now. We have always stayed at Captain's Quarters when we went, but I haven't been there in about 10 years now, and some of the review online are scaring me :( Was your hotel on the beach? Did you like it?
Thanks so much for any info you can give me, I really appreciate it!

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Hi. It's good to have you back. I have something for you. You can get me on Ravelry or Knitty as kathrows.

Maureen said...

Glad you had fun at the beach. I have only been there once. All I remember is a crazy pirate mini golf course!