Sunday, January 13, 2008

WIP and Blog Stalking and New Job Yarn!

I've been a good girl. I've been knitting the back of the Dad sweater, though I have to admit that the lack of other WIPs has nothing to do with my inherent goodness and everything with a bad caston day. I tried two different methods I usually use for socks, but when I pulled the wrong needle out of my Magic Loop, I decided it wasn't meant to be for now. So here is my Dad sweater back progress, miles and miles of reverse stockinette. It's burgundy, not bright tomato red. This color doesn't photograph well at all.


Thursday after work, I want yarn shopping with ZantiMissKnit. My New Job Yarn has arrived, and as promised, I'm sharing it with you.

Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande. One skein of burgundy squishy goodness, destined to become something worn close to my face. It's so soft, so squishy, so dreamy. I want to name it and pet it.


Then, I found myself near the sock yarn. This is Happy Feet, and I can already tell that my feet will be very happy in it. The actual colors are not really reds and browns, they are fuchsias and purples and pinks, though muted and nice-looking, not bright and flashy. Not that there's anything wrong with bright and flashy per se. This yarn just isn't.


And then... oooh, happy sock yarn in reds and burgundies, darker than in this picture. Remember, my camera likes to photograph burgundies as tomato reds. I tried it without flash, but all I got was a dark muddle. Mountain Colors, very pretty, going to be a pair of socks for me!


And because I'm part of the knitty blogstalking extravaganza, here is my post on the first topic of the year: bad habits. The first one that comes to mind is that I eat when I'm bored. I'm not overweight, but it's not a healthy habit, and it won't do me any favors in the long run. I also tend to worry too much. Having an active imagination is one thing, but worrying about all sorts of unlikely things is quite another. I've gotten better at stopping the downward spiral, but sometimes, my hormones get the better of me.

And then there's the other bad habit: taking lots of pictures of my cats. Way too many, in fact. But isn't he cute? He's clearly wondering the obvious:


Now who'd throw away a perfectly good kitten???

19 comments:

LadyLungDoc said...

Amazing how many containers turn out to be cat-sized if they try hard enough.

KnitaSaur said...

Cat pictures are most definitely not a bad habit . . . drooling over pretty yarn isn't either, right?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Well, don't quit the kitty picture bad habit, because I'm addicted! THey are too cute!

Love the new job yarn!! Happy feet indeed!

Dame Wendy said...

Kitty! So adorable. :)

Calling on Kahlo said...

Yes, but what would you name the alpaca yarn? Henry perhaps?

Love the cat photos, always amusing.

Becky said...

I love alpaca. It will be lovely on your face -- and scrumptious to knit.

cpurl17 said...

Cat photos are not a bad habit, I believe they are a requirement of cat rearing.

I love all the lovely yarn--lots of red...my favorite!

Bezzie said...

Oh you're going to love that squishy alpaca!

Norm Deplume said...

The cat photography has got to be the cutest bad habit evah!

schrodinger said...

Congrats on the new job yarn, very nice!

sgeddes said...

Lovely new job yarn!

There is nothing wrong with taking too many cat photos. Isn't it great to have a digital camera!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

what a cutie!

oooh, that is some scrumptious yarn!

chemgrrl said...

What lovely yarn you have. Beware of the Mountian Colors, though. It tends to bleed. A lot.

weezalana said...

Lookit all the New Job Yarn! Nice stash enhancement!

Abril said...

The alpaca yarn looks soooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

Taking photos of one's feline companions is an entirely sane and entertaining actvity for everyone involved. Kitten the Elder poses, and Kitten the Younger tries his damndest to make the photo as blurry as possible. I'm convinced they enjoy it.

Lauren said...

Wait... there is a problem with taking too many pictures of your cat? *looks around guiltily*

The new job yarn looks lovely!

Just A Knit Wit said...

I knit the most delicious scarf out of baby grand for my mom's birthday and she loves it. It uses one hank and has cute little ruffles on either end.

The other yarn is great too.

Peri said...

Oooo lots of pretty yarn!

Conkers has a bag habit too - he pounces, kicks the brickdust out of it and then lays on it to bring out its full submission!