Thursday, June 07, 2007

Dice bag, socks and lace

The second sock is progressing apace, I just turned the heel. But let me take this opportunity to address a little-known condition, Second Pair Syndrome. It's what happens when you knit a pattern once and like it so much, you decide to knit it again right away. And then you get tired of it. Halfway through, possibly before you even have time to get Second Sock Syndrome. So: this is my last pair of Conwy socks for a while. If you haven't knit them yet, give 'em a try, they're fun.


And now, my crocheted dice bag, all felted up. Thank you for all the nice things you said about it. I am so freaking proud of this thing. It's not a misshapen dishrag, I only added 3 stitches while I was making the single crochet bottom. Then, all the way up, not another accidental increase. Yay!


Here's the bottom. This thing used to be big enough to put on my head, hat-like. Now, it fits into my hand.


And now, the dice bag in action. I have way too many dice. The bag is just big enough to hold all of my d10. That's what happens when you spend years playing White Wolf games and Ars Magica, both systems that exclusively use 10-siders.


There's an even bigger bag full of assorted other dice. Ahem.

My dad's sweater, on the other hand, is no nearer completion than it was the last time I posted. The warm weather is not exactly helping me want to knit with 100% alpaca. I'm constantly fingering my laceweight, I think it's time for either a shawl or a summery lace garment. And a crocheted shawl. I've checked out some patterns, and I think I understand them.
Yes, I want to make lace!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dice bag looks really nice all felted up. Grats on your crochet'ing experience.

sgeddes said...

The bag came out great! What a pretty little bag to carry the dice in! I think the socks are coming along great!

Poops said...

If I may add my 2 cents worth:

Make lace! Make lace! C'mon! You know you wanna!

Unknown said...

Oh, that's cool! I love your dice bag. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love the dice bag. Now you've got me wondering where my dice are.

Jo said...

It looks great - and I have to say my husband would whole-heartedly approve of your dice collection...

weezalana said...

The bag looks great!

Bezzie said...

Love the dicebag. Dr. MS has a bunch of dice laying around like that too. I like the idea of a bag!

sharon said...

try the la belle dentelle scarf - would be lacy and whimsical!!
love the little bag - i know a gurl who would have it full of all sorts of treasures.

TheKnittingBee said...

Wow - the bag looks amazing! For some reason I never thought you could felt crochet - not sure why!

Jacque said...

V,
that is the happiest bag and dice I've ever seen--so colorful.
J

Vyvyan said...

Nice Dice! Nice dice bag! I had no idea Karaoke would felt up that well, what with it having 50% soy silk in it.

Elspeth said...

What a cute bag! I really should try the Conwy socks - they are really nice looking.

fleegle said...

Hey, the dice bag goes perfectly with the bull's eye sweater!

MsFortuknit said...

What a wonderful blog!!

Cheers!

Amanda said...

Your dice bag is rainbow-rrific and very cute. My husband keeps his dice in a bag that his mom made for him out of jean material about 20 years ago, when he was in 7th or 8th grade. He still loves it. It's good to have the right bag for your dice.

Anonymous said...

I love how your bag felted. It's lovely. And I would be running around the neighborhood showing everyone I could find if I ever managed to crochet something.

Maybe I'll knit one for DH the Barbarian. He killed a snork lith the other day, you know!

It was 30 here when we went out for dinner at 8 last night... Lace sounds much better than afghans right about now!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bag! I so hear you about the Second Pair Syndrome - did that once and never again ;)

gourdongirl said...

Cool dice bag, I think I need to do something like that for all the dice the boys have.

Larjmarj said...

How cute is that bag?
I often wondered how crochet would felt.

Montana said...

Hey Batty -

Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your Conwy socks, they are gorgeous! Regarding your question, that's as wide as the Baltic Sea Stole gets when you knit it with Andrea. I think it will block to about 20" wide. You should definitely resurrect yours - it's really a fun knit.

Zonda said...

Excellent dice bag there! The socks are looking good too!

ms. pixie riot said...

the dice bag is GREAT, and the rainbow bag is so pretty when it's full of your rainbow dice. :-)

that yarn you like is totally not spoken for, so if you wanna fire me an email (pixie at pixieriot dot net) i can send you an invoice. glad you like it!

rockstar is being amazing about this, and he's actually suggested we invest some money into supplies, because he thinks i can actually make a small business out of this...

anyhow, THANK YOU! i really appreciate your compliments on the yarn. -hug-

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

wow that came out so nice! It looks great and is the perfect size. Makes me wish I had something like dice that needed a small bag to be kept in. :)

Unknown said...

LOVE that bag. LOVE it.

Jess said...

I am iwillspoilstariel. She was my secret pal and I always forget to log out of that gmail account when posting. sorry!