Monday, March 12, 2007

Pal socks, STR yarn... socks!

The pal socks are done. My first real socks on size 0 needles. One is a bit wider than the other because my gauge changed from sock to sock, but I'm sending them unblocked for ease of size adjustment.


Here's another shot. Jespere, I hope they fit!


And now, a picture of the Socks that Rock club yarn. I'm so excited. Look at those colors! It isn't something I would have picked out for myself, but now that I'm actually holding the yarn in my hands, I love the colors. It's soft and luscious and we'll see how it knits up.

15 comments:

Poops said...

Good job!

As someone who has not ventured into negative needle sizing yet, I say "Brava!"

Bezzie said...

Yeah those 0s take some getting used to don't they??? But your socks look good!!!

Love that STR color too.

rincaro said...

Love the socks, *love* the yarn. Now I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

The socks came out great! I haven't tried using 0's yet.

The STR color is fabulous.

Bufanditas said...

The colors for you STR yarn are Beautiful

Zonda said...

Awesome job on those socks! Pretty colorway!

Yeah, I love this month's STR too!

Anonymous said...

These socks are so beautiful, I'm totally in love with the colours - and the same goes for your new yarn - I can't wait to see the socks you're going to knit with it!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty socks! They contributed to my crazy, insatiable sock-knitting urge, I'll have you know!

Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful, I'm so glad you didn't run out of yarn!

Rain said...

Those colours look lovely together.

The socks look great, they must have been a killer t make on such tiny needles.

weezalana said...

Great job on the socks! So I guess it's true - if you knit faster, you don't run out of yarn, right? ;)

Unknown said...

Those came out wonderfully! Your sock pal should be thrilled.

And isn't Monsoon a great colorway? Good luck w/the pattern if you choose to do it.

Cynthia said...

Oooh, so pretty!
I can't wait till they get here, can't be much longer now!

Cynthia said...

and P.S.

Check my blog. :-<

fleegle said...

That is gorgeous yarn! Love those colors. The socks are glorious too!