Monday, October 09, 2006

WIP roundup

I haven't been blogging much because I've been busy knitting. Here's a look at my works in progress.

First up: Samantha. After much finagling, I managed to get the neckline to come out right. If you want knit this pattern, do e-mail the designer. She has re-written the pattern, but not yet published the revised version. She's very, very helpful and a nice person.
So far, I've done the 3 needle bindoff on the shoulders and hemmed the neckline. It still looks a bit scruffy, but blocking should do wonders -- as should the addition of sleeves.
I love the lacy detailing in the front.


Here's a peek at Samantha from the back. I love the smocking. I hope the bottom seam doesn't flare too much even though I didn't go down a needle size. But I'll worry about that when I get to it.

Remember my sister's birthday sweater? The one I cast on on Monday? Here's the back. I've finished the armholes and am a 3/4 inch away from the back of the neck. The yarn is very shiny and I really like the way the half-twisted rib looks.


In other news: my knitty spooky SP package has arrived at the post office (am not expecting anything else). I will pick it up tomorrow. So excited, can't wait!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

@woo {happy dance}

I was starting to worry that package was lost. That zombie lied to me.

Batty said...

Nope, the zombie wasn't lying. I just wasn't here when the mail person came (even children of the night like myself need a day job).

Rain said...

Ooh Samantha is so pretty and such a pretty colour.

Batty said...

Rain, you're just saying that because it's pretty much a frog green! : )

veritas said...

samantha looks beautiful, batty! can't wait to see it on you! will just look stunning with that georgeous hair of yours...

Jessica said...

I like the Samantha. I don't know what it's supposed to look like but, I like it so far. :) I love the green. Great color!

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

Love the Samantha!! You sure have had flying sticks this week! Sue