Monday, October 23, 2006

The NC experience

We're back from North Carolina. One of my college roommates got married over the weekend, and I was one of her bridesmaids -- the only one who isn't a member of the family, so that was a great honor. But between doing the bride's manicure/pedicure/make-up and getting everyone into their dresses and wrangling social situations, I didn't have much time to take pictures at the wedding.

The day before, though, hubby and I went to the Museum of Life and Science. It's so much fun! They have mist that forms a tornado, a water-filled ball that shows how the earth's atmosphere forms intricate patterns when it spins, a bunch of blocks you can use to build an arched bridge... I didn't want to leave!

Best of all, they had critters. There was a butterfly house with over 5000 butterflies, but I only got one to hold still long enough.


And, as a true knitter, I immediately zeroed in on the sheep. I was this close to asking the museum people what they do with the fleeces!


And here's a closeup of the yarny critters. Because us knitters can't get enough of looking at yarn-producing animals, right?

7 comments:

Jo said...

That is a beautiful butterfly picture! My daughter had a fieldtrip to a butterfly house a few months ago and I wasn't able to get close enough to them to take anything that nice.

Rain said...

It sounds like you had a great time.

turtlegirl76 said...

Where in NC were you? Near Asheville? I can't remember where the museum you speak of is but I swear it was western NC. I'm probably wrong.

weezalana said...

That museum sounds amazing - mist that forms a tornado? How freaking cool is that!

Zonda said...

hehe! I'm 2 hrs from Turtlegirl! Love the sheepy pictures (makes you wanna take one home, well almost! :) Lovely butterfly picture too!

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

Looks like a fun!! I love butterflies and what an honor to be in the wedding! Sue

veritas said...

sheeeeeeepy!