Saturday, August 26, 2006

PLAGUE! SOCKS! FEET! SP goodness

OMG, LOOK, LOOK, LOOK!
This has got to be the best package ever. Really. I mean, look! My SP, Spazzy Pickles, sent me this pair of socks. Now, that in itself is amazing and worthy of admiration and unending gratitude. Because having socks knit for me is one of the ultimate luxuries in life, IMHO. Having lace socks knit for me... I'm in awe. I'm touched. I'm wearing the socks around the house.


I mean, look at that lace!


The detail... it's amazing! So pretty, so perfect. Spazzy Pickles, I adore you! I mean, look at how well they fit!


And from the side, because it's hard to take pictures of socks from the top:


This doubles as my "feet" post for the blog stalking. Because I want all the world to see my amazing new socks. So beautiful, so purple, so happy-making!

But that isn't all. I was just commenting on the cuteness of those stuffed microbes in a thread on knitty. Yesterday, way after the Pickle mailed out my package. The Pickle reads my mind, I swear, because today, I got my favorite disease: the PLAGUE!!! It's so cute, and I'm taking it to work so all the other catalogers on the Contagion project can see him. Here he is, my new friend Pesty:


Isn't he adorable? I love him, and David Herlihy's book on the black death was one of my favorite reads while I was preparing for my general exams in grad school. Here's a closeup of me cuddling Pesty, because he's so adorable.


I also got some things to facilitate spoilage, just look at this great-smelling moisturizer from Kiss My Face, one of my favorite organic/eco brands, and the scrubby gloves. And isn't this a cute little painted heart thingy? With stars on it. Now it lives on my bookshelf, right next to our Ars Magica books, because the stars remind me of pointy wizard hats.


And, last but not least, YARN! In red and purple, tempting, alluring, whispering in my ear suggestions of what it would like to be...


Ah, Spazzy Pickle, you have truly made my day. Heck, you've made my year. You are the bestest SP ever. I am not worthy.

13 comments:

Bezzie said...

Purty socks!!!

And I love the plague! I can't wait for a friend of mine to have a kid so I can buy them one of those microbes! (he and my husband were micro majors)

cpurl17 said...

Wow, the socks are so gorgeous. I always get teary eyed when I get a hand made gift.

Your SP is fab!

soapy said...

Preety sock they look great on your feet!! nice SP gifties!

thomasina said...

You got the plauge! You are so lucky.

Rain said...

Wow, what a fantastic SP.

The socks are so pretty.

msubulldog said...

Our pediatrician gave my son one of those cute microbes after a particularly terrifying procedure. We got Shigella--it's the one that gives you disentery. Ha,ha,ha!

Batty said...

Heh, I must be the only person ever who's thrilled to have the plague!

Shigella is cool too. There are so many fun and cuddly diseases.

OLPP said...

do you know how long i stared at pesty trying to figure out if he were a real creature? now *I* want a disease!!

Jacque said...

Batty, love your blog and BTW the mardi gras colorway of homespun that you saw on my blog is on sale at http://www.pagelinx.com/cgi-shopper/loadpage.cgi/smileysyarns/ezshopper?user_id=id&file=iriot.htm for 2.99.

Ceallach said...

Everyone needs a pheumococcus bacillus!

Very cool!

Batty said...

Yup, I love my bug!

And the socks... I've been wearing them around the house, then folding them up somewhere, admiring, then wearing them some more. Socks!

Oh, and thanks for the Homespun source, knitten kitten! I'm about to be unemployed (i.e. broke), and it's always good to know where I can satisfy my need for my cheap yarn love!

veritas said...

firstly, i am sending the Job Fairy to you :) . the plague is so ADORABLE! the cutest little plague i have ever seen! awww! and them are some Nice socks.

you are So worthy of your SP! :) am glad that they are treating my batty properly.

Dk's Wife said...

Batty, you are so pretty.....

And the socks are lovely.

Take care!